Ashleigh Eballa - Project 2: Process and Concept

Using part of the exercise we did, I'm using the number I had previously (22) as the number of minutes to work on adding to this chain of starbursts wrappers everyday until the project is due. I've noticed that I tend to fidget out around with paper or napkins or straw wrappers whenever I get bored and I thought about how nostalgic it was making those paper stars for my exercise. It made me remember that I also used to see girls making these cool bracelets/necklaces or even small wallets out of these starbursts wrappers and the process of seeing them fold multiple little wrappers at a time just seemed really interesting.




Comments

  1. Hi Ashleigh! I was thinking about your work and ways you could present and Tatsuya Tanaka came to mind. Tanaka creates small sculptural representations of everyday situations with ready-mades similar to your paper clip flies and rotten fruit.

    Tatsuya Tanaka

    https://www.designboom.com/art/intricate-miniature-worlds-japanese-artist-tatsuya-tanaka-04-15-2021/

    Also since most of your works seem to be folded or twisted materials I think you will find Simon Schubert interesting he does a lot of folded/creased paper art of interior designs.

    https://www.fineprintart.com/the-creased-paper-interiors-of-simon-schubert/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment