My bronze slugs have been removed from the tree and I have started to process of doing some small clean up work on them! The next step after this is to sandblast them and patina them
Hey Jax! I was thinking about how you were talking about the texture being one of the most enjoyable aspects of making the slugs. This brought to mind Rowan Mersh; you may find it interesting how he uses different textures in his sculptures to provoke different emotions and control space.
I also stumbled across this article from Vancouver of a public sculpture of 36 bronze slugs installed through out the city which may be an intriguing read for you.
Hey Jax! I was thinking about how you were talking about the texture being one of the most enjoyable aspects of making the slugs. This brought to mind Rowan Mersh; you may find it interesting how he uses different textures in his sculptures to provoke different emotions and control space.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.galleryfumi.com/works?artists=rowan-mersh
I also stumbled across this article from Vancouver of a public sculpture of 36 bronze slugs installed through out the city which may be an intriguing read for you.
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bronze-slugs-vancouver-public-art-photos