Material Studies - Christy Petty

 



For my first study I decided to use the act of mixing. It also then became the act of moulding and whittling as the Bondo (used for autobody repairs) gets hard very quickly and is the consistency of melted chocolate when wet. There's a very small sweet spot where I can actually work with and change the shape of whatever it is I'm creating, in this case a Hare. While this was fun the Bondo got everywhere and was hot to the touch while curing.









For my next study I used the act of melting to create a jellyfish. I think it was pretty successful and I had a lot more time to actually work with the material before it was solid. 






Finally I chose the act of wrapping. This was the most fun one. Also the least labour intensive. All in all I thought it was a successful study. 

Comments