Olson, Jessica - Repetition & Accumulation Exercise
Repetition and Accumulation exercise:
1. Use an external reference (weather information, number of rings from a tree stump, distance between two places, the temperature of your tea, the times someone says a particular word in a movie, etc.) as a way to arrive at a number.
I counted how many photos I had of my dog on my cellphone, 98.
2. Use that number as a guide for a repeated gesture, action, or accumulation of something.
I took my chunk of plasticina and used one of those loopy clay-carving tools to peel 98 slivers off of it like a potato. Then I rolled each sliver into a ball. Then I single thumb-pressed each ball flat. Then I put smiley faces on each, then turned each one over and put a frowny face. Then I stacked them, then peeled them off the stick, one at a time, into a plastic tub. then I picked them out one at a time and tossed them so they could land happy or sad at random.
3. Document the trace of this series of gestures, actions, or accumulations.
Comments
Post a Comment