Ashleigh Eballa - Two Places Research Exercise


The two places I chose is my home in Calgary and my place here in Lethbridge. I chose these two places because even though they're in different places in the world, I consider them both my home. For both these places I thought what would define them as "home" per say. Is it that they are simply both roofs over my head or is it the fact they both have an emotional connection to me personally? Although I've lived in my family home basically the majority of my life and just moved to Lethbridge for University; the memories and the feelings I hold for both of these places are meaningful to me. When I thought about it more, I realized that the physical buildings themselves aren't the main reason why I considered these places home but the moments that make them feel significant and special. Even the things surrounding these places such as friends and family or places to eat at; things to see are what make home feel more than just a house itself.

The reason why it's important to research for art or art making is because, we can tie our own experiences and perspectives on how we create something or feel a certain way towards a piece of art.

Comments