Britney Pack: Two Place Research Exercise
The two places I chose my home as the first place and then for the second place i picked somewhere that feels like home to me, so I went with Tofino. We all have that one place that feels more like home than our actual home.
For my research I chose to look at the feelings that I associate for each place and why:
My home brings me feelings of safety, peace and comfort, repetitive, and familiar.
Tofino on the other hand makes me feel excited, fresh, spontaneous and fun.
Why I feel this way about these places I figured is because I have lived in my home for many years without change, it's quite mundane and can get old sometimes. That change in scenery and overall feeling of belonging is why it feels like somewhere else is where you are actually meant to be.
I realize that this research is vastly different from that of actual research but I think it's important to the art we make because much of our feelings go into the process and can reflect or be a big part of the work created.
Comments
Post a Comment