Savannah: Two Places Research Exercise

 

The two places I chose was the Blood reserve and Crow Agency. I chose these places because these are the places I was given both my Indian names. For Indigenous people, your Indian name is your first name. Blackfoot and Crows are two very different Indigenous groups, and where I have many family members in both. My Blackfoot name is I'tsstsimanaki, meaning Stubborn girl, and my Crow name was given to me by my late grandmother from Crow Agency. Unfortunately, I am still trying to say it in crow and get the meaning of it. Both of these places are where my background is and where I come from. So when I got thinking about both these places and the art that comes with the two. Many different designs come from the two tribes, and to show the difference between the two, I have put photos of two other bags. With the two various Indigenous, both come from the Plans and Crow Agency is the capital tipi place globally. 


Crow Agency, 45 minutes from Billings Montana.




Blood Tribe (Kainai) 




Comments