Britney Pack: Final Project
For the final project I had originally wanted to work with my past few sculpture projects and photograph them in the locations where they are normally found. Instead I changed my mind part way through and decided to incorporate household objects as well as pieces from my past projects. I drew inspiration from Susan Kealey and her works in Ordinary Marvel. My work focuses on the context more than location because the focus is mainly on the chosen object it creates a new context from which the object is not normally seen in and I specifically used colour contrast to make it stand out more than it ever would in it's regular context. This piece does not reference location specifically but because of the context of these objects it does make the viewer think about where such objects where found or the location from which they came. I still wanted to include my past projects and bring a entirely new context to them and showcase them in a different way but the addition of non-modified household objects it ended up being a good mix and contrasts nicely. The way that the objects stand out against the brightly coloured background draws the viewer in and focus solely on it and the context as there is no distractions. I still wanted to keep this project playful and fun so it did correlate to my past pieces so the use of colour and selected objects helped bring that aspect to life. I played around with colour combinations/contrast, composition and objects as well as lighting and camera settings like flash and focus. I would love to continue this series as well as my original idea for the project but I will have to save it for a later date!
Comments
Post a Comment